So I have a really bad habit of starting entries in a word doc (or lately, due to my obsession, in a google doc!) and then not finishing them. Which means I have all these strings of half entries that don't get posted. Since this week was particularly ridiculous that way, I've decided to give it to you day by day, as is, or with small edits. It's kinda like a snapshot of the past week!Monday
- This weekend was our first in the new house (without moving and my parents and stuff) and it was pretty awesome. We planned to have a debate party on Friday night to watch the VP debates - in the end only Amy (American) and Claire (French) came, but that was probably for the best, as many things went wrong. (The oven turned out not to work so we couldn't cook the lasagna or the brownies! etc.) It still was a beyond hilarious night. Like half the (other) nation, we had planned to watch it as a drinking game, feeling that we actually might need the alcohol to get through. Unfortunately, due to the fact that we were *stealing internet* it took hours to download and wasn't ready until 11PM. This led to us being drunker than expected at the BEGINNING of the debate, so it was kind of all downhill (or uphill depending on your POV) from there. It seriously took us until about 4AM to watch it, with all the stopping and back-watching and everything. But much fun was had, really, although I don't remember as much of the debate points as I did from the presidential one. But Amy brought margaritas! We never get those over here! The mix was imported from Texas! And then there were tequila shots! Riiiight. The only point I remember with clarity is a whole lotta anger (at both candidates) when the subject of gay marriage came up. When the frak will we have someone who can just man (or woman) up and say "yes, I believe in it, and I will vote for it, and that's that"? They're all so afraid. Don't even get me started on the whole "it's the choice of the states" thing. I just do.not.get.it. Meh.Tuesday
- I woke up this morning from just the freakiest dream ever. It was long and complicated, but here are the basics. I was on some sort of spaceship, and I was working with this older guy to do some special demonstration or something - not sure what it was but it involved stop motion photography (seriously!) and his son was around, helping out too. The kid was about 10 or 11. It went on for ages with us setting stuff up and joking around, and the whole time I had this freaky feeling like something bad was going to happen. Then just minutes before we were about to do our thing, the dad went to go set up one last thing (not sure what) and then didn't come back. So we're all "where did he go/ this isn't like him/ it's about to start" or whatever. And whatever he had to do was on the outside of the ship I guess, or maybe he had to open a door to do it? Anyway, we look up out the big window that we were gonna use for observing during our demo, and there he is, floating all dead. (Like that Dr Who ep!) It was horrible. The last part of the dream was me holding back this screaming sobbing kid while he stared up at his dead dad. Freeeaky. I mean, wtf brain??
Also, new oven was delivered today. Yay for actual *good* landlords! Also, after a few snafus earlier tonight (yeah IDK, my computer is on crack) I FINALLY HAVE INTERNET! And it's fast! Yay. Just in time to post for the GGVS tonight.Wednesday
- It turns out that there was no Gossip Girl this week, which saddened me greatly. I never know when the hiatuses are, because I'm not seeing them as aired, just downloading, so I'm not in on the commercials and stuff. I should really look up schedules or something so that I don't get meanly surprised! I am so loving this show though - it is bar none my favourite show on the air right now (well, excepting NMTB of course - but that's different). Best new show of last year, definitely.
I took my nail polish off and my fingernails are still orange! (From henna-ing Rach's hair
.) I think nails are like hair and thus absorb the dye. So I'm going to have to wear dark nail polish until they grow out enough!! I'm such a dork.( Seriously, they look ridiculous. )Thursday
- Found this today (through one of those trails of a thousand links) and it's so weird! I actually thought it might be fake at first. "This Life cover from September 2004 with John McCain, who didn't run for president that year, and Tina Fey, looking a lot like Sarah Palin, is pretty darn creepy."
I was randomly thinking of the movie 12 Monkeys
today. It's such a great movie and I haven't seen it in years - I wish I owned it.
I don't know if any of you guys noticed, but ggseason8
was in LJ spotlight
! I am totally amazed at what a difference it's made in our numbers. The number of people we have watching the community has more than doubled. I just had no idea it would be such a big thing. I guess people really do pay attention - although if you think about the total population of LJ, it's a tiny percentage. But you have to consider that it's the percent that actually look at spotlight, then the percent of them that like Gilmore Girls so bother to click through, then the percent who are obsessed enough with the show to actually want to read a virtual season, especially when there are already 24 back episodes posted that they need to catch up on. That's some weeding out, right there! Either way, I am totally on board with spotlight, and I'll definitely pay more attention to the communities on there in the future.Friday
- So last night we finally broke down and finished packing away all the landlords' crap in our house. This house is awesome, but it came with one major drawback, namely that when it said "furnished" it meant "not only just the awesome furniture which actually includes some nice antiques but also a whole lotta crap like pictures and horrible ugly nick-nacks that are scattered through-out the house and are all breakable". Riiiight. So since we moved in (only two weeks ago!) we've been saying we would pack it all up. And I did do a few boxes last week, but we needed more packing material, so I had to stop. Now, after stealing tons of the "free" papers off the tube, we were ready. It took Rach and I hours (Seb was cooking, cleaning, etc) but we did it! And we also moved enough furniture to set up our shelves with books and DVD's. It's all so pretty! So these aren't proper pics of the house yet (next week! I swear!) but you can see how much crap we packed away (thank goodness there is a big closet to stash it in) and also how pretty the shelves look.( Pictures! )Saturday
- That's today! I'm giving myself a break to put this entry together, because I just finished a quick read/edit of 9.03 in order to write the draft promo. But now I need to go back to cleaning, because our house party is tonight. Rach and I did henna last night (with gloves! shut up) and my hair looks awesome! I slept in it (never tried that before) and it's actually quite a nice bright (almost carrot-y! ha!) red. It looks really natural I think. Too bad I can't do much about my stupid eyebrows - I guess I should get them waxed or threaded again so they aren't so big - they just give the whole game away. At least my fringe (bangs) kinda covers them though.
Jgeez this entry is unwieldy. I have to get better at posting things when I actually write them.
On the virtual season news, here are the actual numbers from today. We've gone from 173 watchers to (currently) 429! That is truly amazing. Thanks LJ spotlight!